Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Daughters Christmas Wish List

My daughter’s favorite holiday is Christmas, every year when it gets closer to the holidays. My daughter Diamond makes a “wish list” of 3 things that she would like. After looking at my daughter’s list, I am undecided on which item to purchase. The three items are a Nintendo DS, sketcher shoes, and a play kitchen with pretend food. I feel that the items on her list are too expensive or she does not need them. This year I am on a tight budget and I only want to purchase things that my daughter would need.
The first item on Diamond’s list was a Nintendo DS, she has been asking for a Nintendo DS for a year now. All her cousins and friends have one, and all I ever hear from Diamond is “mom, everyone I know has a DS except for me.” I told her that if she wanted a Nintendo DS she would have to save her money which would include her birthday money, the money she receives from the tooth fairy, and all her spear change. A Nintendo DS is expensive; they are two hundred dollars or more. She tells me it’s not fair that she has to save her own money, I told her that if she can save eighty dollars than I would pay the rest. I figured she would value the Nintendo DS more if she had to save her own money, since it is expensive. She is half way to having eighty dollars in her piggy bank, I thought maybe I should wait and not get Diamond the Nintendo DS.
The second item on Diamond’s list were sketcher shoes, not just any sketcher shoes but the ones that have little pretty jewels on them that light up when you walk. Diamond thinks she will be able to run faster if she had the sketcher shoes. I told her that it’s not the shoes that make a person run fast but the person themselves. She insists and says she needs the sketcher shoes. I wouldn’t mind buying her the shoes for Christmas but I had just bought her two new pairs of shoes. I don’t think she needs another pair of shoes, considering the fact that she just received winter boots for her birthday as well.
The last item on Diamonds list is a play kitchen with pretend food. She has absolutely no room in her bedroom for the play kitchen. She already has a television in her room and a full size bed. Diamond also hates picking up her room, I usually have to tell her to pick up her room three or four times, and then I end up putting her in time out. It’s a battle to get my daughter to clean her room. I don’t think she deserves to have a play kitchen with pretend food if she can’t pick up her room without me yelling at her. I can just imagine her room full of play food, and me telling her to pick up her room several times. Something I don’t want to have to do.
Although I do not have to pick an item on Diamonds wish list, I still wanted to know what she wanted for Christmas. She doesn’t know it is me who will be purchasing the gifts because she thinks it will be Santa Claus. If I do not pick any item from her list, she will be sad that Santa did not give her what she wanted and I really would not know what to get her. A Nintendo DS is way too expensive and Diamond has not saved enough money yet, Diamond already has two new pairs of shoes so if I buy her the sketcher shoes she will probably end up just wearing those and not the other two pairs, and she really doesn’t have room in her bedroom for a play kitchen plus she does not like to pick up her room. I really do not know what I should get her for Christmas. What do you think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment